Seafood Vol Au Vents
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 70g mushrooms, diced
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 1 tablespoons white wine
- 1 ½ tablespoons plain flour
- 70g butter
- 1 cup fish stock
- 4 large vol-au-vents or 8 small
- 140g scallops, cut into quarters
- 300g raw prawn cutlets, cut each piece into three without the tail
- 200g salmon, chopped
- 200g any white fish (preferably a firm fish such as trevally), chopped
- 150g mozzarella cheese (optional)
Preheat oven to 160 degrees
Place vol au vent cases on a baking tray and heat in the oven for 10 minutes while preparing the filling
Heat the fish stock in a small pan. Add the prawns, fish and scallops
Simmer for 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool, reserving the stock.
Melt half the butter in a small pot over low heat. Stir in the flour and cook for 2 minutes or until pale.
Add this to your stock. Return to heat and add white wine, stirring constantly until the sauce boils and thickens. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the cream.
Melt the remaining butter in a pan and cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes or until soft. Add this to your sauce and return to heat.
You will now add your seafood, lemon juice, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until heated through.
Spoon the seafood mixture into the warm vol au vents cases.
Place them into the oven for another 5 minutes
This is optional, if you like add a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese to each case for extra flavour